We take the safety and security of our users very seriously and want to warn you about the potential dangers of fake websites.
If you come across a fake website, social media account or advertisement related to Moda in Pelle products, please let us know and we will report it to the URL Service Provider and NCSC.
Unfortunately, there are malicious individuals and organizations out there who create fake websites that look very similar to legitimate websites. These fake websites are designed to trick users into providing personal information, such as login credentials, credit card numbers, or other sensitive data.
To protect yourself from these fake websites and scams, it is important to always be vigilant and pay attention to the details. Here are some tips to help you stay safe:
1. Check the website URL: Always check the URL of the website you are visiting to make sure it is the correct one. Scammers often use slightly different URLs that are similar to the real website, but with small variations.
2. Look for security indicators: Legitimate websites usually have security indicators, such as a lock icon or "https" in the URL, indicating that the website is secure. If these indicators are missing, it could be a red flag.
3. Don't click on suspicious links: If you receive an email or message with a link to a website, be cautious before clicking on it. Check the URL and the sender's information to make sure it is legitimate.
4. Keep your software updated: Make sure your computer and browser software is up-to-date with the latest security patches to protect against known vulnerabilities.
5. Report suspicious activity: If you suspect a website may be fake or fraudulent, report it to the appropriate authorities or contact the legitimate website's customer service for assistance.
At our website, we have implemented various security measures to protect our users from these types of threats. We use SSL encryption to secure our website and protect user data, and we also have measures in place to detect and prevent fake websites from being created.
If you believe you have ordered from a fake website, it can be a stressful and frustrating experience. However, there are some steps that can be taken to minimize the damage and hopefully recover any losses:
1. Contact the website: Check to see if there is a customer service email or phone number listed on the website. If you can reach someone, explain the situation, and ask for a refund. Be sure to provide any order information that you have, such as an order number or confirmation email.
2. Contact your bank or credit card company: If you are unable to reach the website or the website refuses to give you a refund, contact your bank or credit card company. Explain the situation and provide any documentation you have, such as confirmation emails or receipts. They may be able to reverse the charge or issue a chargeback.
3. Check for fraudulent activity: Keep an eye on your bank and credit card statements for any unauthorized charges or activity. If you see anything suspicious, contact your bank or credit card company immediately.
4. Report the website: Report the fake website to the appropriate authorities. You can report it to the National Cyber Security Centre at https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/section/about-this-website/report-scam-website to help prevent others from falling victim to the same scam.
We take your privacy very seriously, and are committed to maintaining this.
We take the privacy and security of our customers very seriously and are committed to providing a safe and secure online environment. If you have any questions or concerns about our security practices, please don't hesitate to contact us.